Eikonal Rendering: Efficient Light Transport in Refractive Objects
Parallel Visual Computing
Seminar in winter term 2012/13
General InformationCourse webpage
When: 2012, Oct. 18th to 2013, Jan. 31st
Where: E1.7 room 0.01
Registration for mailing list: send email to Ivo Ihrke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This seminar covers the hands-on use of parallel hardware (CPUs and GPUs) for visual computing, i.e.,
- Computer vision (e.g., from simple image operations to classification)
- Computer graphics (e.g., advanced shading)
- Scientific computing (e.g., equation solving)
The target audience are students in computer science or related fields. Good C++ programming skills, basic knowledge about 3D geometry, image processing, and computer graphics are required. This seminar will be based on hands-on parallel programming:
- Every one week, a tutor will present a problem with an interesting parallel solution.
- On the same day there will be a programming assignment on the topic.
- Teams of two people will work on this assignment
- Every team demos their solution and we discuss